Washer Malfunction at 118 Bridge Street

Engine 1811 responded with Catasauqua Fire Dept for a reported apartment building fire at 118 Bridge Street.  The caller reported a dryer fire on the 4th floor.

 

Firefighters arrived and found an overheated belt in an overloaded washing machine.  There was no fire upon arrival.  Firefighters set up multiple fans to ventilate the light smoke condition.

 

The malfunctioning machine was turned over to building maintenance personnel and firefighters cleared the scene.

2015 Call Totals

January -
February 22
March 3
April -
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -
2013 Total 25

Login