Appliance Malfunction at 227 Front St

Engine 1811 responded to 227 Front Street with Station 2 for a reported appliance fire in an apartment.  The caller reported sparks from the oven in Apartment 5.

 

Upon arrival, firefighters found the heating element in the oven malfunctioned and shorted, creating the problem.  There was no smoke or fire.  The tenant had already unplugged the range to secure the power.  The tenant was advised to contact the landlord and request for repair of the range and not to use it until repaired.  Personnel cleared the scene within 10 minutes.

2015 Call Totals

January -
February 22
March 3
April -
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -
2013 Total 25

Login