Burned Food at Whittier Place Apartments

Engines 1811 and 1812 responded with Station 2 and Station 75 to a reported apartment building fire at Whittier Place Apartments, 895 Walnut St.  The caller reported smoke alarms sounding in Apartment A6, an odor of smoke, and no answer at the door.

 

Upon arrival, personnel found a smoke condition due to burned food in Apartment A6.  The occupant started cooking chicken and fell asleep in bed.  The occupant was removed and evaluated by EMS.  The apartment was ventilated using a fan and deodorant sprayed.

2015 Call Totals

January -
February 22
March 3
April -
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -
2013 Total 25

Login