Assistance to Firefighters Grant Awarded!!!

FEMA

 

The North Catasauqua Fire Department is very excited to announce that earlier today, we were awarded an Assistance to Firefighters Grant from FEMA.  Our award of $94,763 will fund a full replacement of our self-contained breathing apparatus.  Our current SCBA are outdated and obsolete, lacking updated safety features found on modern SCBA.  We also knew all of our air cylinders would expire by the end of 2015.

 

The grant award funds 95% of the purchase price, leaving the NCFD responsible for a 5% local match.  Proceeds from our fundraisers will be used for our matching portion.  The new SCBA will be ordered within the next week and delivery is expected in a couple months.

 

The primary goal of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) is to meet the firefighting and emergency response needs of fire departments and nonaffiliated emergency medical service organizations. Since 2001, AFG has helped firefighters and other first responders to obtain critically needed equipment, protective gear, emergency vehicles, training, and other resources needed to protect the public and emergency personnel from fire and related hazards. Source:  Assistance to Firefighters Grant http://www.fema.gov/assistance-firefighters-grant

 

We would like to thank FireMed Grant Solutions for their assistance in preparation and application for the grant.