In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!
Engine 4311 was dispatched along with fire departments from Northampton, Allen Township, East Allen Township, and Northampton Regional EMS to a high occupancy structure fire. The alarm came in at 1128 pm on December 8, 2013.
Units were dispatched to a dryer fire at Sacred Heart Assisted Living--602 E. 21St., in Northampton. The fire was reported by Chief 4251. With the exception of Northampton Engine 4211, all other units were recalled.
Engine 1811 responded to a mutual aid call to the Borough of Northampton. The call came in as a dwelling fire at 936 Main Street. Station 18 assisted Northampton Fire Department extinguishing a shed which was on fire.
Engine 1811 and Catasauqua Ladder 213 responded to a odor investigation at 1106 Second Street in North Catasauqua. The caller smelled sewer gas in the basement. The dwelling was checked out. It was confirmed that the odor was indeed sewer gas. Both units were released from the scene.
Northampton Fire Department Engine 4212 was also dispatched on the call but recalled with sufficient personnel on scene to handle the investigation.
The North Catasauqua Fire Department will be hosting a dinner fundraiser at the Blue Monkey Sports Bar & Restaurant on Thursday night, October 3, 2013.
Bring your family and friends and come dine with us from 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. and help the department fund raise by simply providing your server with a copy of our Blue Monkey Night flyer. The NCFD will receive 20% of your food bill, simply by showing our flyer.
The first week of October is also Fire Prevention Week. We'll have one of our Engines on display, as well as education the public about fire prevention in their homes.
Engine 1811 responded with Engine 211 and Truck 231 for an automatic fire alarm at St. Paul's Church, 417 Howertown Road in Catasauqua. Firefighters determine the alarm was due to cooking. Engine 1811 returned after the brief response.
Firefighters were dispatched to 202 Front Street with the Catasauqua Fire Department for a fire alarm sounding. Engine 1811 responded on the assignment.
Firefighters determined the alarm was due to a faulty detector.